Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Anne Frank Memorial

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart. -Anne Frank 









Gabe and I went to the Anne Frank Memorial today once I got out of math. It's a pretty amazing place, with quotes from people of power all over the world describing why tolerance is so important.  For Anne to say the quote above, after everything that she and her family had been through, proves how amazing of a person she was. I cannot imagine waking up everyday with the worry that today I might be killed because of what I believe in. I cannot describe the respect but also sorrow I feel for all the people that had to endure such harsh religious persecution during WWII.  I feel so blessed to live in a country that allows me to have my own beliefs.  My only hope is that one day every person in the world will have the same privilege.  

No comments:

Post a Comment