The week after Christmas, Gabe's sister and brother and their lovers came to visit. It was a nice after Christmas gift to us. We got to pretend that we were tourists in San Diego with them, which was quite fun. It was Nathan's (Gabe's brother) wife's first time in San Diego so we tried to give her the grand tour, but with one baby, and a prego lady, it proved to be quite an adventure. Anniston was particularly fussy that week so it made things even more difficult. However, we were able to show Ari a few different beaches, Old Towne, and the Wild Animal Park, all in one week! It was a busy week, but lots of fun! Gabe, unfortunately, had to work most of the week so Lindsey and her husband, Brandon, were a big help with grumpy Anni. They are going to be awesome parents! We were so sad to see them go, but look forward to going and visiting in May to see little baby girl Bare. She will be Anniston's very first cousin. Gabe, Anniston and I cannot wait!
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Having a six month old is what I imagine having a pet monkey to be like. Ha. With that being said, I'm loving the six month stage so far! She has so much personality and is also starting to play independently, which is amazing! I love spying on Anni when she is playing independently. I'm just so curious as to what her little mind thinks she should do with all of the toys sprawled out around her.
- At six months, Anniston is 17 lb 2 oz. She is in the 65% percentile in weight and 70th in height. Our chubby baby is starting to not be so chubby. :(
- Anniston started sitting up about two weeks ago and pretty much refuses to do anything else.
- Has rolled over a total of four times, which is fine with me, as long as she can do it. Ha.
- Started eating solids. Her favorites, as of now, are sweet potatoes, bananas, sweet peas and apples. She's actually a pretty clean eater. She must have gotten that from Gabe, because I am the worlds messiest eater.
- I think it's finally safe to say that Anniston has hazel green eyes. I like to say she is just like Harry Potter. She looks just like her father, but has her mothers eyes. Yay!!
- Her favorite things to play with are her stacking rings, multi-colored shapes, and Poppity Pop Dino, which apparently, everyone else and their mom's have. Gotta' love Target's Black Friday sales. :)
- Protests taking naps every day.
- Her favorite thing to do, besides eating everything, is petting Jake.
- Loves chillin' with her BFF, Logan. He seems to always get a smile out of her.
- Still loves being sung to, but hates the music on the radio, which is really saying something about the radio, because I am a terrible singer. Ha.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
So christmas was almost a month ago, but better late than never, right?
I'd say Anniston's first Christmas was a success! I mean, do you see her face in the first picture? Ha. Her favorite gift was the ribbon on her present from my parents. She played with that for like 2 hours! I wonder why they even make baby toys sometimes. Our Christmas dinner was really small this year, because we were missing some very important members of our family who had to stay in New Mexico for health reasons. We miss them tons. However, having just my immediate family at Christmas dinner was kind of nice. We all got to eat and visit at my parents small dining room table, while Anni sat on top of the table, in her Bumbo, eating some banana. She would occasionally add her adorable little squeals to the conversation. The highlights from this years Christmas were my dad's face when, he for once, got a present he really wanted, my brothers getting more enjoyment out of Anniston's new xylophone than she probably ever will, and lastly, Anni's pure joy playing with her ribbon. (see pictures above) I'm still recovering from the idea that Christmas is over! I guess it's never too early to start counting down the days till next year. :)
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ▼ 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (33)