Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lake Bonneville











This weekend, Gabe, Jimi, me, and our friend, Shalis, went on a road trip to Salt Lake. When Gabe, Shalis, and I are together, we tend to find the most random stuff to do.  On our drive to Salt Lake, we saw a sign that said geological site ahead. Us being the nerds we are, thought this sounded totally amazing, so we pulled right over.  What we learned was totally unexpected.  We learned that 20,000 years ago, there was a huge lake that stretched from Idaho to Utah.  Now all that is left is the Great Salt Lake.  This is due to the very disturbing issue of lakes receding.  This is a very serious issue that we all had no idea of until that trusty day. We are now fully dedicated to make sure that we preserve the remnants of Lake Boneville as well as all other lakes and put an end to this atrocity!  We are going to make bracelets to help our cause.  Ha No, but in all seriousness, this geological site was pretty freaking cool.  We really spent way too much time there. After heading back on the road, we stopped and got some Slurpees at 7-11.  Yeah, they have them in Utah! I have no idea why Idaho decided to be 7-11 Nazis and refuse to have them.  But i'm so glad we found one in Utah, because I have been in dire need of a slurpee.  I guess I was so excited about my slurpee that my hands just couldn't contain themselves, and about 1 minute after taking that picture, I spilled the whole slurpee on my lap.  


No comments:

Post a Comment