Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tea on the side











I've been on the search for some new places for Gabe and I to go out to dinner besides the usual Taco Bell. In the midst of my search, I somehow came across Shangri-La, which is a tea and vegetarian cafe, the only one in Boise actually. I absolutely love tea and the lady that owns it is a certified herbalist, so it immediately caught my eye.  Anyways, I was a little reluctant to come here with my dad and Gabe because they are pretty much certified carnivores, but Gabe and my parents convinced me to go.  And I'm so glad we did because it was amazing!! Like no joke, my new favorite restaurant, everyone loved it!  It was a new place and we weren't sure what to order so we each ordered something that looked tasty from the menu and just shared with one another, while making lots of satisfied sounds such as "Mumm" or "Oh, that's great."  The verdict was that the pita sandwich and southwestern wrap were the best dishes. 
The whole reason I wanted to go there was for all of the different types of tea, but man, the food totally topped the tea.  Don't get me wrong, those were also great, but the food was pure deliciousness.  If you live in Boise, you gotta go there like right this minute, it is that freaking good.  Plus, it's a family owned restaurant that buys most of the produce locally and everyone that works there is super nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment