Monday, September 24, 2012

Ocean and Sky


         Although Katie and I haven't had time to share, we spent the weekend before last on a field of blue, watching Boise State play their first home game of the season. Or I guess I should say our, since we're part of the school and all. We walked from our lovely apartment in Downtown Boise. The stadium is pretty brilliant, smaller than most, but very blue..in a good way. Blue turf, under a blue sky, nestled by a beautiful blue river. The walk was fun and the best part is..we took pictures! Nevermind, now that I'm looking through them, I guess we didn't take any of the walk.

        As we neared closer to the stadium, there were crowds of people, all in blue and orange, of course. Most were sitting in chairs underneath their Boise State canopies to keep shielded from the sun. And most of them were surrounded by family, which made me think about my family, including Katie's family, who are also my family. But even more than that, it made me think about my little family, Katie, Jimi, and I, and where I want to be in the future. When I finally graduate that is. And honestly, I don't know if I want to live in a big city or a small town. I don't know if I want to end up close to the ocean or surrounded by rivers and lakes. I don't know if I am going to make a lot of money or just enough to get by. Maybe I'll find myself in a big house surrounded by acres of green grass or maybe just in a small comfortable home.

The things I do know are:

One. I want to be with Katie, my wonderful wifey. Two. I want to have a little Gabe slash Katie running around. And three. I want little Jimi to be able to meet that little Gabe slash Katie. Oh yeah, and I want to be finished with school. I think with those few things, that wherever I'm at, I'll be able to call it home.





         So during all of that time of thinking, Katie and I managed to get through the crowds of people, into the stadium, and seated in the student section, which were field-level seats by the way. I was excited. I think Katie was too. She seemed to be anyway. The music was loud, the fans were loud..I was loud. It was kind of a rush really. Everyone was eager to see how Southwick, the new quarterback, was going to compare to the legendary Kellen Moore. He didn't really, but not many do. The game was still great. And we won. By a lot. We left at the end of the third quarter, because Katie and I were both sunburned. If we would've stayed, it could've been bad. Just for our skin but still. We had a nice walk home and when we got inside, we complimented each others tan lines. "Katie, what a nice mask you have. Your sunglasses tan makes you look like a superhero."



No comments:

Post a Comment