Saturday, June 14, 2014

To The Newish Papa

















The first week after Anniston was born, I was kind of a nervous wreck. I had never really been around newborns or babies in general, so I was kind of lost, and honestly, a little overwhelmed.  Gabe, however, was a natural from the beginning.  When Anniston would cry, he would soothe her in seconds. I didn't even change one diaper for the first week after Anniston was born.  Gabe totally dominated that department.  He is an incredible father to Anniston.  The first thing he does when he gets home from his long day of work is scoop Anni up and goes to play with her on the floor.  Most days, I have to force him and Anni to stop playing just so we can all eat dinner.  They are two peas in a pod; they are both very calm and inquisitive souls that enjoy just sitting and watching life happen.  I feel very blessed to have such a well-suited companion in parenthood, and I'm so very thankful that Anniston has such an honorable, loving, and nurturing man as a father.  Happy Father's day to my husband, Gabriel Leon Lawrence, and to all the dedicated and loving fathers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment