Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm a Red Coat


Today is Easter and like the rest of the world we, Gabe and I, usually attend church. (even though this is a reoccurring thing on Sundays, Easter Sunday is special) But this Easter Sunday something came up and Gabe had to take the car to work, side note, we only have one car currently, so instead of me taking him like usual and then going to church I was stuck at home all day. Instead of learning about the amazing story of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for us, I sat at home studying about hominid evolution. Which is pretty much the opposite of going to church. Fortunately my Easter was saved when Gabe came home from work and we ate a traditional English Easter Dinner which I made. It was Delicious by the way, if I do say so myself . FYI I'm 40% English. This year I really pondered the meaning of Easter while I was sitting at home and not at church. And honestly it amazes me how blessed we really are to have a Heavenly Father who loves us so much that He would sacrifice His son for us to have the opportunity to repent of our sins. In addition to Heavenly Father's love, we are also exceedingly blessed to have a Brother that would suffer for all of our sins. I am just so thankful to have the atonement in my life!



On to a completely different subject. Yesterday, Old Navy had a Big Sale and thanks to Gabe and my parents who sent their very poor college students money for Easter I went out on a mission to find some great bargains. I am totally a bargain shopper. It totally gets my blood pumping to find great deals. Yes, I know I'm a total loser! haha But hey, it pays of, I got a pair of black corduroy Capris for $2.49, a navy blue lace dress for $11.00, Gabe a long sleeved button up for $6.50 and also a polo f0r $6 even. I was totally stoked, I even called my mom right after and told her all about it. haha Like I said I'm a total loser. After that I was totally worn out from the blood pumping and my exhilarating shopping trip. So Jimi and I curled up under a blanket and took a glorious 30 minute nap. This leads me to my next subject, which is that this weekend should be labeled as the weekend nap fest of 2011. I took 3 naps this weekend. 2 on Saturday, I must be getting old cuz that shopping trip really wore me out, then a nap today. All in all, I spent 5 hours of this weekend napping which I am not ashamed of because I believe that naps are totally underrated!! Well that was my weekend in a nut shell. Now its time for lots of library attendance, text book reading and a brain racking week to start. Just another wonderful week in the life of Kathleen Starr.

No comments:

Post a Comment