Brand New Anniston
My baby is now one year old, which to me, is still processing. I'm not all emotional that my baby is technically a toddler or anything, just in awe of how much Anniston, Gabe, and I have grown this past year of her life. She is such an amazing blessing to us. I remember the night we brought Anni home. She was screaming and would not sleep, I was in lots of postpartum pain and exhausted, thinking, "Why do people put themselves through this more than once?" Now I completely get it! Being a parent to Anniston has been the most incredible thing I've ever done. I thank the Lord everyday for blessing Gabe and I with our beautiful daughter. I absolutely love this age, and I keep saying how I wish our next kid would pop out at least 9 months old. Ha. But Gabe isn't okay with me delivering a 21 pounder anyway. :)
- Anniston at 12 months weighs 21.9 lb
- Is now walking. She has been walking consistently for about 2 and a half weeks now.
- Has found a passion for the ocean. Waves and sand don't freak her out at all. A wave will knock her down and then she will get right back up and trudge back out to sea. She's fearless.
- Seriously enjoyed the fireworks on the 4th of July. She kept squealing and clapping.
- Her current favorite words are ball, dog, duck and fish.
- Now that she is walking, she likes to constantly walk me to the front door to show me she wants to go outside. She's still a little tree hugger. She also likes to hold out her hand for her daddy so she can drag him around the house with her.
- She and cake are close friends.
- Finally is getting her two upper teeth. The amount of food that little girl can eat with only two teeth seriously astounds me.
- Her current jams are The Sound of Music and the Mary Poppins soundtracks.