Basically I have been terrible about blogging for the last four months. Life has just been crazy for us and a lot of good and bad changes have been happening. Throw in Spring and Summer semester of school and the last few months add up to a big blur. Finally, last week I finished summer school and caught my breath. I then realized how much I had been slacking on my blog. I compiled a few pictures and placed them into a list of seven noteworthy events that have taken place since I last blogged.
1. I went to Louisiana for the very first time in April for Gabe's cousin, Kaylyn's, wedding. Oh, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that Gabe is from Louisiana. Anyways, he is.
I met pretty much his whole extended family while I was there and every single one of them was amazingly sweet, which made my trip pretty dang great.
2. I started volunteering at the Idaho Humane Society. I absolutely love it! I highly recommend doing it wherever you live.
3. After Spring semester was over, we made our semi- annual trip to San Diego to visit our friends and family. San Diego was great as usual and made us miss it tons, as always.
4. When we headed back to Boise, we had one more than we had left with. Nathan, Gabe's little brother moved out to Boise to live with us. Since he has moved in it's been super fun and he is a splendid roommate.
5.Gabe and I celebrated our three year anniversary in June. Three years might not seem like that much time for most people but both of us were pretty dang excited about it. We didn't do much because I had school and Gabe had work that night, but we had a lovely ice cream picnic in the park.
6. I headed back to San Diego again in June for my brother, Chris's, graduation from UC Riverside.
While I was there, we made a special trip to the La Brea Tar Pits, because I had been begging my family to take me for years. Let me tell you, it was all that I had dreamed of. The picture below is from the museum about the tar pits. The items in the glass case in front of Chris are all wolf skulls they found in the tar pits. Pretty crazy!
Sadly, this is the only picture Shalis and I took all week. Ha.
Welp, those were the most exciting events that happened to us in the past months. I'm going to try my hardest to keep up with my blog the rest of the summer so I don't have to play catch up again.